How often do you think about working out for the sake of your skin? You answered, “Not often enough!” like the majority of people. Notwithstanding, exercise might significantly impact the well-being and visual appeal of your skin. In this article, we’ll explore three ways exercise benefits your skin and why you should make working out a part of your skincare routine.
The benefits of exercise for your skin
When you work out, your body temperature rises. This causes your blood vessels to dilate, which gives your skin a flushed look. The increased blood flow also delivers more oxygen and nutrients to your skin cells, which helps promote cell turnover. In other words, working out regularly can help your skin look brighter and more radiant.
Another benefit of exercise is that it helps reduce stress levels. Stress may result in breakouts, dullness, and premature aging in one’s skin. So if you’re looking for a way to reduce stress and improve your skin health simultaneously, hit the gym.
Finally, exercise helps promote healthy sleep habits. Getting enough shut-eye is critical for maintaining healthy skin; when you’re well-rested, your skin cells have a chance to regenerate overnight. So if you’re looking for glowing skin, make sure to get enough exercise and enough sleep.
How to get started with a skin-friendly workout routine
If you’re new to working out, or if you’re looking to revise your current routine with your skin’s needs in mind, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Choose low-impact exercises: If you have sensitive skin, opt for low-impact exercises like walking, swimming, or yoga. These activities won’t irritate your skin or cause excessive sweating.
- Wear sunscreen: Be sure to apply sunscreen before you head outdoors for a workout. This will aid in safeguarding your skin from sun damage.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated is key for healthy skin and will help you perform your best during a workout.
- Listen to your body: If you’re incredibly stressed or tired, taking a day off from working out is okay. Overdoing it can be detrimental to your skin health.
The best exercises for glowing skin
Not sure which exercises to add to your routine? Some of our top choices are identified below:
- Walking: A leisurely walk is a great way to get your heart rate up without putting too much stress on your body. Plus, being outdoors in the fresh air can do wonders for your skin
- Yoga is an ideal method of stress reduction and promotes relaxation. And like walking, it’s gentle enough for people with sensitive skin.
- Swimming: Swimming is an excellent workout for your entire body, and it’s also ideal for people with sensitive skin, as the water can help soothe and protect your skin.
How to make exercise a part of your skincare routine
If you’re looking to incorporate exercise into your skincare routine, here are a few tips to get you started:
- Set aside time for a workout: Just like you would for a facial or a mani/Pedi, schedule sometime each week specifically for working out. This will help make sure it doesn’t fall by the wayside.
- Dress for success: Make sure you have the right gear for your workout by investing in some quality clothes. This will help you feel more comfortable and motivated to stick with it.
- Find a workout buddy: Exercise is more fun when you do it with a friend. Find someone who shares your interest in working out and make plans to sweat it out together.
- Reward yourself: After a successful workout, treat yourself to a healthy snack or a relaxing activity. This will help you associate exercise with positive feelings and make it more likely that you’ll stick with it.
Three ways to get started with a workout routine
Below are some indications to help you get started:
- Set reasonable goals: Don’t try to accomplish too much too soon. Begin with a small goal, such as working out three times per week, and gradually increase it.
- Discover an activity that you adore: If you detest running, don’t make yourself do it. There are numerous other exercises available, so find the one you enjoy and cling to.
- Commit: Once you’ve decided to start working out, commit to sticking with it. This may mean setting up a workout schedule or joining a gym. But whatever you do, make sure you’re committed to making it happen.
Exercise is an essential part of achieving and maintaining healthy skin. It promotes circulation and helps to flush out toxins from the body, which can lead to brighter, more radiant skin. And, of course, it’s also a great way to reduce stress, which can significantly contribute to skin problems.